Spice up your day with our Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette on a Grilled Chicken Salad.
Makes 6 Servings
- 6 - boneless skinless chicken breasts, 4 oz. each
- 9 cups - lightly packed baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups - shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3 slices - crisp-cooked thick bacon, crumbled
- 3 - small tomatoes, each sliced into 4 wedges lengthwise
- OPTIONAL: Add thin sliced purple cabbage, sweet pepper strips, avocado chunks, sliced hard boiled egg and/or chopped nuts.
For Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette:
- 3 T - white wine vinegar
- 3 T - fresh lime juice
- 2 T - fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 T - jalapeno pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 large clove - garlic, quartered
- 1 tsp. - salt
- 1/2 tsp. - freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup - Bumbleberry Farms Raw + Gently Filtered Honey or Avocado Blossom Honey
- 2/3 cup - vegetable oil, such as canola
Step 1: In a blender, process vinegar, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt and pepper. With blender running, add honey, then oil. Refrigerate until needed.
Step 2: Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag and add 3/4 cup Honey-Jalapeno Vinaigrette. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
Step 3: Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Cut chicken across the grain into 1/2 inch-wide strips.
Step 4: Put 1 1/2 cups of spinach on each of six serving plates. Drizzle each with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette. Top each with chicken strips, 1/4 cup cheese and crumbled bacon; garnish with two tomato wedges (and any other optional additions); and drizzle 1 tablespoon of vinaigrette on top.