What better way to usher in crisp, cool weather than with a warm apple pie that fits in your hand! Our Caramel Apple Hand Pies call for our very own BumbleBerry Sea Salt Caramel Honey Cream Spread for that extra special something!
This recipe—a longstanding favorite of the BumbleBerry Farms family—can be easily changed up by filling the pie with seasonal fruits and jams…or any of our BumbleBerry Farms Honey Creams.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, cut in small chunks
- ¼ t. cinnamon, plus 1 tablepoon of sugar
- 1 tablespon of water
- ½ jar of BumbleBerry Farms Sea Salt Caramel Honey Cream Spread or Caramel Pear Cardamom Honey Cream Spread
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in medium bowl; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the egg to the sugar mixture and beat until just blended.
- Add the cream cheese, buttermilk, and vanilla extract. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dough ingredients and add to the cream cheese mixture. Combine with mixer.
- Transfer dough to a piece of plastic wrap, and using your hands, press the dough into a 1-inch-thick patty. Wrap well and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Place apple chunks in a bowl, then add cinnamon, sugar, and water. Mix thoroughly until apples are coated.
- Divide the refrigerated dough in half on a floured work surface. Roll out one half of the dough to 1/8” thickness. Using a 4 ½” round biscuit cutter, cut circles out of the dough, then transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Top each dough circle with a tablespoon of apple mixture. Add a teaspoon of Sea Salt Caramel Honey Cream to the apples.
- Using your finger, wet the rim of the circle with water.
- Place dough circle on top of each pie, and pinch the two dough circles together.
- Using a fork tine, gently prick the top of the hand pie.
- Sprinkle pie tops with sugar.
Bake until hand pies are golden brown and just slightly cracked, about 20-25 minutes. Remove the pies from the oven and let stand to cool slightly before serving.